The Honor Society is a prestigious organization that recognizes exceptional Jewish 8th and 9th grade students from around the world who have demonstrated excellence in academics, leadership, community service, and character..
These are bright, hard-working, well-rounded students who are committed to Jewish values and actively engaged in their communities.
The Honor Society awards generous annual scholarships and does not require any fees for membership. All inductees into the Honor Society will receive:
- The opportunity to compete for up to $20,000 in annual scholarships to attend the American Hebrew Academy
- Special recognition as featured individuals in local publications
- A certificate of achievement designed by world-renowned Jewish artist Mordechai Rosenstein
- A special invitation to attend the American Hebrew Academy’s Spring Preview Weekend
Each student chosen for membership in the Honor Society will be able to compete for up to $20,000 in annual merit-based scholarships to attend the American Hebrew Academy. Details will be available upon acceptance.
While students are encouraged to consider the Academy for their high school career, it is not a requirement for membership in the Honor Society.
Applying to the Honor Society
There are three components to the application:
- Nomination/Recommendation form
- Student Questionnaire form
- Most recent report card or transcript
The Honor Society accepts nominations from school personnel, Jewish community professionals, camp directors, coaches, or family friends. These professionals may independently nominate students, or applying students may request a recommendation.
The following criteria is used to select Jewish students for induction in the Honor Society.
- Be current 8th or 9th graders
- Exemplify leadership qualities
- Demonstrate academic achievement by maintaining a minimum B+ (88) average
- Express a deep personal connection to Judaism
- Exhibit emotional stability and maturity
- Actively participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities
All application materials may be submitted in any order by mail, fax, or email to:
American Hebrew Academy Honor Society
Attn: Admissions Office
4334 Hobbs Rd
Greensboro, NC 27410
Learn more about the American Hebrew Academy Honor Society by contacting the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-217-7070.