A once in a lifetime experience: A transformational journey.
Each year, the junior class spends 10 weeks in Israel, offering the chance to see and experience the Jewish homeland. You’ll put your Hebrew to the test as you talk with Israelis about the land. You’ll walk on ancient grounds and become personally connected to the history and future of the Jewish People.
What You Can Expect:
• The trip begins and ends in Jerusalem
• You’ll learn Jewish history from the beginning, in chronological order
• You’ll balance time in the classroom, continuing your general studies, with travel throughout the country to see the historic sites as you learn about them
• Israel becomes a living classroom, linking informal and formal Jewish education
• You’ll connect to the people and the land of Israel
• You’ll live on the Alexander Muss High School campus and spend a week in the Israeli army
• The program includes a “Sea to Sea” hike from shores of the Mediterranean to the Kineret, Israeli home hospitality and visits to leading high tech companies.
The State of Israel – The creation of the State of Israel is one of the seminal events in Jewish history. Recognizing the significance of the State and it’s national institutions, we seek to instill our students with a personal attachment to the State of Israel and it’s people, as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.
In 2018-2019 the Israel Trip program will move to the Spring trimester of the Sophomore (10th grade) Year.